Boger City United Methodist Church of Lincolnton, NC
Position: Youth Leader
Reports to: Pastor, Staff-Parish Relations Committee
To serve as the Youth Leader to the BCUMC Youth.
To revive a program for children and young adults.
Duties shall be supervised by the pastor.
Normal hours: Minimum of 20 hours per week.
Youth Leader Responsibilities:
1. Development of all programmatic ministries for children/youth at BCUMC.
2. Implement a plan to recruit and maintain the youth ministry at BCUMC.
3. Plan, attend, and organize all mission and youth trips.
4. Prepare and organize weekly youth meetings.
5. Plan and organize all Bible classes and lesson plans for Youth.
6. Prepare and present annual budget for youth ministry to finance committee.
7. Follow all BCUMC Safe Sanctuary Policies.
8. Participate in all required staff meetings, training events, and committee meetings.
9. Participate in annual review and evaluation by supervisor and in consultation with SPRC.
10. Participate in pre-employment background check and reference check.
11. Be a person that models good morals and good character at all times.
The Employer Shall:
1. Provide appropriate salary based on education and experience.
2. Provide one week vacation after completion of 90-day probationary employment.
3. Provide the following benefits for the employee: Social Security, Workman's Compensation.
4. Grant unpaid sick leave to the Employee, upon approval of the Employer.
5. Perform a background check and reference check as a pre-work qualification.
6. Evaluate job performance on a yearly basis.
Experience: Preferred candidate should have a definable sense of the call to youth ministry. Possess at a minimum a 2-year Associate’s Degree and/or 6-12 months’ work experience with Youth in a church ministry or equivalent setting.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send resume to Lisa Garrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.